April 16 2020

From MakeICT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

2019 April 16 Board meeting minutes

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - David Springs
  • Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
  • Treasurer - Devin Halsey
  • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
  • At Large Director - Scott Sullivan
  • At Large Director - Josh Robinson
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long
  • Immediate Past President - Kim Burton

Members

  • George Hanson
  • Patrick Hutchison
  • Joseph Pajor
  • Dan Kries
  • Tony Hernandez
  • Dean Day
  • Mike Barushok
  • John Nicholas
  • Keith Thorton
  • Fred Castillo
  • Larry
  • Gary T
  • Jim?
  • Kristina Griffith
  • Angel Mejia
  • Paula Pankratz
  • James Lancaster
  • Sean Reed


Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition
    • Everyone that came out last weekend to help with the final demo and cleanup at Douglas
    • Everyone that has been helping with getting Booth ready for the certificate of occupancy
    • Paula Pankratz and Kathy for all their efforts recruiting efforts and ‘go to it’ attitudes
    • Malissa, Josh, and all the makers that have been cranking out PPE in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic - we will post on the facebook page everyone’s involvement
    • Terrance and Christian for all their efforts on keeping both sites running

Old Business

  • The Move
    • All of our equipment is now at Booth!!!
    • Had a little bit of demolition to do after moving all of our stuff out
    • Property managers were floored by how nice of condition we left the building!
    • Did say we had to pull up the ‘nasty green’ carpet up front along with the walls to the woodshop and ceramic studio.
    • will get to use the glass doors from the woodshop on the new fablab
    • will also get to use the heating and cooling system from the woodshop in the new building
    • Still need a few big things done at Booth, but the list is shrinking
    • We are shut down to normal making, but we are allowed to continue to do construction work
  • Auction
    • Our first auctioneer disappeared
    • The Covid-19 shutdown hampered further attempts to make major sale happen
    • Ended up 3-Nerd-Rule each room
    • Will have everything out of the rooms in a week or two
  • Raffle
    • Grand Prize- $2,500 cash
    • First Prize- Surface pro 7 12.3’’ or Ipad Pro 12.9”
    • 2nd Prize- 75’’ 4k smart TV
    • 3rd Prize - 1yr MakeICT membership
    • We have tickets available as of 2pm today (packets of 20 tickets can be sold as well)
    • Anyone can buy tickets since our CPA is running the drawing
    • Tickets are $20 each, or 6 for $100
    • We have already sold a handful of tickets
    • We have 1500 tickets, but will have to stop before selling $25,000 per state laws
    • Any member that would like to sell these tickets, is welcome to contact David Springs
    • Need to sell about 200 tickets for the raffle to be successful


New Business

  • Treasurer’s report
    • Very close to our original cash flow projections despite not being able to have classes
    • Did not lose any members during the move, we are below the number of members estimated, but we are behind in opening the new building
    • We are losing membership because of this shutdown
    • We do have slightly more in the bank than what we projected
    • Does include the funds from the Auction/3-Nerd-Sale
    • We did have some extra expenses (fire hydrant, parking lot)
    • Have had some expenses reduced (like filament)
  • Donation - See Fundraising
  • Member Freddy Castillo - UV Printer Request
    • Would like to get the UV printer up and running and out of storage
    • Freddy would like to be the lead over the UV printer
    • UV printing is something that Freddy is passionate about
    • Would consider working with the Fablab lead () as a sub-lead
    • UV printing can print on any material like an inkjet printer, can be used like screen printing but is not the same thing as screen printing
    • Board welcomes Freddy Castillo to the team!
  • Century Manufacturing
    • Would like to donate a Powermatic table saw to MakeICT
    • As well as a duplicating lathe & drum sander (or something similar)
    • Has tons of ;Acrylic sheets and blocks he would like to donate as well
    • They have been impressed with MakeICT, our membership, and our mission
    • (donated the UV printer we currently have)
  • Election Committee
    • Need to get on it! Election will be in 2 months
    • Currently composed of LaDeana, Malissa, and Rustin (need at least 3 people, person from IT, security, possibly former board members)
  • Membership
    • Are at about 393 today
    • We DO NOT want to raise dues
    • Will look at having people that re-join or become a new member fill out a survey with demographic information
  • Access to Booth
    • Temporary Keypad stopped working
    • Might have the badge reader up by the end of the week
    • Otherwise, contact a board member for access
  • Covid-19
    • Even after the ban is lifted, we will continue to be mindful of sanitization around the new building

Upcoming Events

  • Certificate of Occupancy update
    • Plumbing - Have the equipment, flanges installed for toilets, still need to install drinking fountains (the plumber will try to be in tuesday to do more, the following weekend will be a big push)
    • Electrical - progress has been made for water fountains, still need to put in a lot of 110v and 220v outlets
    • Fire walls - working on the doors and drywall, still need to fire caulk all the openings between rooms (caulking must remain red and can not be painted)
      • Fire doors are installed, but still need some adjustment (thanks Steve!)
    • Heating - still need to install the HVAC system
    • Exterior doors - need to tinker with them to get opening force to be under 15 lbs
    • Paula has been working to keep groups small, but we still have groups working on the building at different times.
      • We are still concerned with members health
      • David has been forwarding e-mails asking to help on to Paula
      • Paula has done an EXCELLENT job of keeping people organized and informed

Committee Reports

Awards Committee - Kim Burton

  • Donor signs are in the office at Booth
  • Kim will be working with Paula to find ways to post those at Booth
  • We still have a list of donors to put on signs but we are up for more donors!

Communications (and Wikibrarian)

  • Still need someone to fill this role

Facilities Committee

  • Inventory Progress
    • database is at Booth, but is offline at the moment
    • are working to get the system back up and running

Finance Committee

  • Have submitted the form for property tax abatement
  • As of APRIL 1st (not a joke) we are no longer paying for 2 properties!

Fundraising- Kate Goad

  • Has been putting in a few more Walmart Grants
  • Did receive matching funds from Verizon and Textron for donations from members
  • We are working on more grants
  • Get the lights on – through 4/1/20
  • Making it Awesome – through 4/1/21

IT - Tom Bloom

  • Most of the offsite stuff is working as it was
  • Discovered a new problem with the door controls, but are working on it

Membership (and Community outreach)

  • Need to fill the role
  • Kim will start a new thread on this subject

Membership-numbers-2020-04-16.png Based on the renewal date, note gap in data (horizontal line), and daily data collection only started later.

Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

  • The alarm is functioning
  • Will automatically arm at night
  • There are a few ways to trigger the system now
  • Make sure to get an alarm code from Ken if you plan at being at Booth in the evening
  • Working to upgrade the video camera system

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart

  • Makerfaire was cancelled for this year, but will keep the people that registered notified for next year
  • Found the cattle car power wheels racer while cleaning out Douglas
    • needs some help getting back up and running
    • Lots of new projects coming up
      • Ham radio tower
      • Public garden

New Building Committees

Moving Committee

Procurement Committee

Building Modifications

  • Progress Report


Garage Sale Committee - David Springs

  • Progress Report

Decision Summary

    Task Summary