August 26 2018
2018 August 26
- President - Kim Burton
- Vice President - LaDeana Dockery - Late
- Treasurer - David Springs
- Secretary - vacant
- At Large Director - vacant
- At Large Director - Rustin Atkeisson - Late
- At Large Director - Malissa Long
- At Large Director - James Lancaster
- Christian Kendel
- Shannon Fisher
- John Withers
- Ken Steadman
- Thanks & recognition
- Vote on interim board member, or hold new election for the open spot. -- Kez, Paul
- Area lead vacancies?
- Kim will start an admin list/director thread to brainstorm names.
- Who’s teaching safety classes? David will schedule a safety class.
- Kez resigned from the board
- Kim nominates Ken to be appointed to be the secretary. David seconds.
- James would rather see us have an election. While that’s a good idea, our election processes are in work. If we don’t get a quorum we’d have to appoint someone anyway. Kim did a straw poll vote and most people (86/14%) said the board should just appoint someone.
- 4 in favor, 1 opposed, motion carries
- @DECISION: Motion approved to appoint Ken Steadman to board
- Paul resigned from the board.
- Surveymonkey averages: next Jason Bailey, Scott Sullivan, Joel Gutierrez - Kim will contact those people to see who is still an interested member.
- Fablab - Tom Bloom resigned
- DevICT/KLF status
- Recruiting inkscape teachers - Eric
- no update.
Kim will remind people to sign up for committees. Please send recruitment ideas.
- Finance (David)
- Maker Faire
Maker Faire 2018 Recap- lost my notes this is from memory
We had a good year but we need to step up our game 3109 makers, volunteers, MakeICT members, and general public over 2 days 20 MakeICT Members Saturday 7 Sunday- hope more come next year 7 MakeICT booths- goal next year 20 1-2 additional MakeICT members on committee next year, along with someone from Go Create, Make Harvey, and other local maker spaces Great year but want to diversify to grow the faire even more goal 100 booths Friday Saturday Sunday(?) April 26-27th 28(?) Friday will not be full faire field trip day
- Kim proposes that we honor their request to have their techshop lead have a free MakeICT membership. This person will have to take all regular safety classes, follow badge/guest policies etc. It will be a named individual. Kim Moves. Malissa seconds. 3 in favor, motion carries.
@DECISION: Exploration Place receives a complementary membership for their techshop lead.
- " Johnny Appleseed of Maker Spaces" Joel Leonard's visit to Wichita
in attendance LaDeana Dockery: Dean Day James Lancaster Kirk Lancaster Kez Cook Christian Kindel anyone else?
Thanks, Kirk and James for taking Joel in.
Maker Space= Local Community Workshop (not a gym) Good Work=$$$$$ Take a group 3-5 people and go solicit at the following 4 places unannounced Grainger- will do small donations locally as for business catalog and tell them about the space Wal-Mart- $2500 shopping grant at each store tell them about the toys we build (we have gotten this before for Riverfest tables - we can ask every Wal-Mart in the area) Home Depot- had a local budget for non-profits Boy's and Girls Club- Disney has been investing funds for STEAM Projects
Malissa will get a paper copy of the book of lists with board budget funds.
Way too many lights being left on. Rustin A. - suggest posting procedure on Wiki and Discourse