November 16 2015
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Reports
- 2 Community Updates
- 3 General topics and todos
- 4 Calendar
- 5 Decision Summary
- 6 Task Summary
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Community Advisory Board
- Deadline / first meeting date?
- Bonus orientation date: Nov 30
- @TODO (Dominic, no date): Start thread on admin list to discuss Community Advisory Board
Communications Hive (Jens)
- wiki link update (Changed format from http://makeict.org/wiki/index.php/Page_Title to http://makeict.org/wiki/Page_Title)
- Login outtage occurred
- 2015 Marketing To-do
- New logo
- Still planned to be finished by January 1
- Website update
- Proposed date of January 1 to have the new website up
- Member directory on Wiki
- Videos started for 2016 (Gordon)
- New logo
- @TODO (Jens, no date): Ask membership about creating a member directory
- @DECISION: A new contract to create an icon that is not a logo will not be negotiated at this time. A text only logo will be finished.
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)
- Treasurers report
- No NetAbility grant
- No word on WCF grant
- @DECISION: February 1 is the deadline for the floor plan and a list of items needed for the "kitchen" area.
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- Steampunk Expo
- 2016 Kansas Linux Fest
- @DECISION: MakeICT will not be attending the Steampunk Expo
- No opposition to MakeICT sponsoring the 2016 Kansas Linux Fest.
- Bug lady wants to partner with MakeICT to bring kids to science based learning opportunities.
- No opposition to MakeICT working with the bug lady.
Special Projects Brigade (Kip)
- Volunteer Network Committee
- Ceramics room progress
- Ceiling is installed
- Highest priority for ceramics room is getting the door installed
- Sink needs plumbed
- Need walls built for kiln
- Electronics room progress
- Need a policy for hackables donations
- Replacement for James
- Partnering with STEMPact2020 on WSU Hackathon
Open Wichita (Seth)
- Moving forward with Riverfest Civic Hackathon
- Startup Weekend Winners
General topics and todos
- The windshield for the bus is at Safelight and needs to be picked up.
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): Pick up windshield for the bus from Safelight
- Goal for the MakeICT Makerspace to participate in it's first Final Friday in March
- Reservation (co-working/gallery, Nov 22, Time TBD): Mike Hutton / Sunflower Woodworker's Guild
- November 20-22, Steampunk Expo
- November 21, Noon, LASER Cutter Basics class
- November 21, 2 PM, Explore Gel Printing
- December 2nd Saturday?