2018 Elections - Questions
This page is to collect all questions for 2018 board candidates. Anyone can edit this page or post suggested questions at https://talk.makeict.org/t/questions-for-the-candidates/885.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to post their answers as new threads at http://talk.makeict.org by June 10 2018.
Candidates will also be given 2-3 minutes each to address the attendees at our 2018 Annual Meeting.
Questions for all candidates
Tell us about yourself
- What are some favorite things you have already done for MakeICT?
- What in your opinion qualifies you to be a board member?
- If you have served on the Board in the past, What do you feel you did right? What do you think you did wrong, or could have done better?
- Are you able to be at Board meetings, Maker Mondays and other events for the duration of your term?
- It is our mission to innovate, learn, and build community at the intersection of art, technology, science, and culture. How would you support our mission as leadership?
What should we do next?
- What are your thoughts about MakeICT's direction in the coming year?
- What's your agenda for what you want to accomplish in the coming year?
- How will you gauge whether we're successful as an organization?
- What should our priorities be in terms of trying to find a different space versus extending the lease on our current building?
- Do you think MakeICT should focus on one space down town or multiple satellite locations in underserved communities?
How should we operate?
- Do you believe the Board should deal with day to day issues? Should area leads have more authority over day to day operations?
- Do you support an expansion of board terms from 1 year to 2 years? Why or why not?
- Would a 2 year term affect your decisions to accept a nomination?
- Would you support staggered elections June and December for general directors seats? Why or why not?
- Would you support staggered elections with half the board elected at each Annual meeting?