August 26 2018
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
2018 August 26
- 1 AGENDA
- 1.1 Roll Call
- 1.2 Standing Items
- 1.3 New Business
- 1.4 Committee Reports
- 1.5 Decision Summary
- 1.6 Task Summary
- President - Kim Burton
- Vice President - LaDeana Dockery
- Treasurer - David Springs
- Secretary - vacant
- At Large Director - Paul Maseberg
- At Large Director - Rustin Atkeisson
- At Large Director - Malissa Long
- At Large Director - James Lancaster
- Thanks & recognition
Review meeting goals and ground rules
- Good ideas from 2016
- Volunteer health check
- Procedure note we've learned: To avoid ties, president should abstain from voting except to settle a tie. Another good strategy is to have an odd number of board members.
- Vote on interim board member, or hold new election for the open spot. -- Kez
- Area lead vacancies?
- Next up from the election.
- Appoint someone.
- Hold a new election.
- Leave vacant - cannot, per the bylaws
- Ask for volunteers?
- DevICT/KLF status
- Recruiting inkscape teachers - Eric
- no update.
- Finance (David)
- Maker Faire
Maker Faire 2018 Recap- lost my notes this is from memory
We had a good year but we need to step up our game
3109 makers, volunteers, MakeICT members, and general public over 2 days
20 MakeICT Members Saturday 7 Sunday- hope more come next year
7 MakeICT booths- goal next year 20
1-2 additional MakeICT members on committee next year, along with someone from Go Create, Make Harvey, and other local maker spaces
Great year but want to diversify to grow the faire even more goal 100 booths
Friday Saturday Sunday(?) April 26-27th 28(?) Friday will not be full faire field trip day
- " Johnny Appleseed of Maker Spaces" Joel Lenoard's visit to Wichita