February 18 2021

From MakeICT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

AGENDA

Attendance

Board Members

  • JaiPal Chauhan, President
  • Paula Pankratz, Vice-President
  • Beverly Schellenger, Treasurer
  • Patrick Hutchison, Secretary
  • Scott Sullivan, At Large
  • Terrence Laurendine, At Large
  • Tom Bloom, At Large
  • Doug Wilson, At Large
  • David Springs, Immediate Past President

Members

  • Joe Pajor
  • LaDeana Dockery
  • John Nicholas
  • Cathy Bowman
  • Anna DiSalvo
  • James Lancaster
  • Steve Owens
  • Malissa Long

Standing Items

  • Thanks & Recognition
    • Our tireless volunteers:
      • Joe Birzer aided in fixing the water main in the West Hall tunnel
      • Gary Titus made a late night mad dash to the K-96 Home Depot for a sewer auger
      • Cathy valiantly proved that you can in fact fit between the pipes in the bathroom chase to place a small heater next to the condensate line
    • American State Bank for having faith in us and extending MakeICT a line of credit on a 2 year term
    • Christian for getting the kiln wired up and running
    • Everyone who has been holding classes, which is critical to us right now

Old Business

  • Move to Wild Apricot Integrated Pay System
    • See below / IT Report
  • Line of Credit
    • American State Bank has extended us the line of credit. It is a 2 year term.
  • State of Kansas / Resident Agent
    • David is still coming up with a list
    • Jai has found if we wait till we do our required annual filing there won’t be an extra fee for changing it
    • Jai will get with Liz and have him set up.
  • Indiegogo T-Shirts - Doug
    • The total cost to print all of the shirts (60+) that were ordered as part of the campaign is somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 which is up from the $300 level (bad initial estimate) that was already authorized. Haven’t purchased any of the materials yet.
    • Doug will work together with Jai to see if it would be cheaper to just have the shirts printed rather than doing it in-house.
    • Whatever direction works, if it’s under $300 they’ll move forward, if it’s over that they’ll come back to the board for an additional authorization.

New Business

  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Total Operating Budget for February $8,456.41
    • Total Income for February $6,740
    • Account Balances
      • Emprise - $9,440.56
      • Bento - $1,551.98
      • TD Ameritrade - $5,200
      • PayPal - $635.84
      • American State Bank’s Line of Credit $45,000.
        • First payment is due March 5.
        • We have successfully paid all of our outstanding construction debts.
    • We need to reach 400 members to be totally solvent for next winter. This building is an energy hog in the winter.
    • Question about the TD Ameritrade account - David says that he doesn’t expect the type of items held to lose value. Paula asked if we were going to use it to pay against the line of credit. Don’t expect that it is earning more in interest than we are paying in interest on the line of credit. Bev says that we were keeping it as insurance on our operating capital. Will ask finance to review and make a recommendation.
  • Building Renovation Update
    • The scupper in the South Hall which drains the condensate lines from the furnaces froze solid at it’s exit point this weekend. It drains to the outside of the building. Heat tape should be added to it so that this can be avoided going forward.
    • The water main leak in the chase under the West Hall has been tentatively repaired. It will require a check up in about a week to make sure it is holding. Water has been restored to the West Hall.
    • The drain for the West Hall hallway sink has been augered so it now drains completely.
    • Locker install is ongoing, hope to wrap up in February.
    • Weather has slowed some work down.
    • Not sure of the status of metal shop ventilation.
  • Quarterly Membership Meeting
    • March 18th, 6:00 - 7:00 PM, directly before the board meeting.

Committee Reports

Awards Committee - x

  • none present

Scholarships - x

  • none present

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - Malissa Long

  • none present

Facilities Committee

  • still has not met

Finance Committee - Dan Kries

  • See treasurers’ report above.
  • Winter operating budget exceeds income until we gain 70 more members / total around 400.

Fundraising - x

  • none present

IT - Tom Bloom

  • Paypal cutover from Express to pp checkout has happened. The application of old pp payments is being run manually. Christian Kindel is reviewing the process and will automate it when stable.
  • Marti and Bev have access to the shared Quickbooks. No known issues.
  • I am rebuilding the donated HP computer for the exec pc. I need to install QB and Office and add it to the domain.
  • Kansas Food Bank has donated a bunch of 500gb sata drives. I am swapping the drives into the existing drive sleds. Then we will rebuild the donated servers to have redundancy for our VM and files.

Membership (and Community Outreach) - x

  • Membership
    • Currently at 343 active members.
    • 331 at the January meeting.
  • We need to add a path to authorization in all of the shops so that we can more readily get new members authorized.
    • Substantial discussion was had about this. Membership committee may prepare a proposal for the board to ask to change procedure/policy to require each area to have a formal authorization in place.
  • Held a Maker Monday and have two new confirmed members from that.
  • Since last Board Meeting:
    • Orientation - 13
    • New Member Orientation - 18
    • Current Member Reorientation - 6
  • Upcoming 2/23 - 7 or 8 so far signed up

Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery (interim)

Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery (interim)

  • Income Report
  • Classes are up. They are not to 2019 levels yet.
  • We will soon have a “How to teach a class” class.
  • Will try to have class lists for each room.

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

  • none present

Inventory - Anna DiSalvo

  • Nothing to report.

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x

  • none present.

Upcoming Events

  • ReMakeICT Tuesday work nights at Booth
    • Every Tuesday from 6:00PM - 9:00PM
  • Maker Monday
    • 1st and 3rd Mondays
    • By reservation


Decision Summary

    Task Summary