February 21 2019
- 1 AGENDA
- 1.1 Roll Call
- 1.2 Standing Items
- 1.3 Program updates
- 1.4 Upcoming events
- 1.5 Committee Reports
- 1.5.1 IT - Tom Bloom
- 1.5.2 Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher
- 1.5.3 New Building - Jens Torell
- 1.5.4 Creator Showroom - Dean Day
- 1.5.5 Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery
- 1.5.6 Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman
- 1.5.7 Scholarships- Nick Endicott
- 1.5.8 Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad
- 1.5.9 Fundraising- Meghan Iacuzzi
- 1.5.10 Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart
- 1.6 Decision Summary
- 1.7 Task Summary
- President - Kim Burton
- Vice President - LaDeana Dockery (by phone)
- Treasurer - David Springs (absent)
- Secretary - Ken Steadman
- At Large Director - Barb Davis
- At Large Director - Rustin Atkeisson
- At Large Director - Malissa Long (absent)
- At Large Director - James Lancaster
Dean Day Scott Sullivan Angel Mejia
- Thanks & recognition
- Cleanup day helpers! LaDeana, Kim, Ward Jewel, John Withers, Shannon, Pam Warrior, Dianne, Alysa… Shannon has the names. It was an awesome day thanks for helping!
- Tuesday arduino group is morphing into an open project night, it’s a great idea
- Kim suggests a cleanup day wish list from area leads
- Safety and security
- Vehicle break-in up front. Lock your car and keep valuables out of sight.
- Treasurer's report
- Makerspace Director - Vacant
- the necessity of the position is discussed and tabled until July.
Is the bus on auction yet?
- unknown-probably not
Educational Program Updates
Voting policy - board members were asked last month to review this, here is a new version with the wiki change display:
If we can't get the bylaws changed, how do we want to handle the ranked preference voting?
Bylaws meeting January 27. Working folder here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A_MsjNgcZFY75iPhsQ9Gy2pySIEuBw9i - sent for legal review
- Barb moves to to accept. Rustin moves to second. Five in favor, one abstaining
- @DECISION: Motion approved to adopt new Voting Policy.
- Next quarterly meeting: March
SWE Expo - Need volunteers for the wind tunnel on March 30 2019.
Requested items from each committee:
- Accomplishments this month
- Upcoming goals
- Where do you need help/how to get involved?
IT - Tom Bloom
- Wild Apricot is charging an extra 20% if we do not use their payment processor.
- Three options
- 1. Renew for a year (saves $16/month and skates the fee for now)
- 2. Keep paying monthly and deal with the increase Paypal use surcharge (cost an extra $450/yr)
- 3. Create our own version of Wild Apricot (will take some time, and may take a lot more managing) - Unlikely on short timeline
- Three options
- Matter tabled until March meeting, we’ll present a detailed report of costs for each option.
Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher
Our last meeting was on January 13, 2019 Members present: Eric, Ladeana, Shannon
We are working with Security to get contact information for new members as the current key forms do not include contact information. Security has been doing a great job of scanning and emailing the forms to Shannon - Thank you! This information will help Shannon recruit volunteers for future events.
We organized a SOUPer Duper Clean-Up day on February 10th and had almost 20 volunteers show up to help clean and organize the space! We saw lots of new faces. Thanks to everyone for their help!
New Building - Jens Torell
Creator Showroom - Dean Day
February will be a great show, it’s being set up now.
Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery
Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman
Finished all the lockers in the coworking space so they can be individually locked
Scholarships- Nick Endicott
Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad
Rusty has a contact who’d like presenters on the topic of robots on March 28th. Refer to the forums.
Fundraising- Meghan Iacuzzi
Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart
Barb makes motion to adjourn, Ken seconds, five in favor, abstaining
- @DECISION: Motion approved adjourn.