The MakeICT Gallery is a shared space; it has always been a shared space.
The MakeICT Gallery is a juried space. The jury is the Gallery Committee with, as needed, outside advice.
Statements of direction:
- Original works created by MakeICT members.
- Derivative works created by MakeICT members .
- Original works created by non MakeICT members.
- other works.
Note issues concerning intellectual property and or fair use will be the responsibility of the creator.
Works will be accepted into the MakeICT gallery under these conditions:
- Works will be accepted for a specified duration. 2 Works will only be accepted when they are gallery ready 2a Gallery ready works will have a written creator/artist statement 2b Gallery ready works will have appropriate mounting and furniture such that the work can be displayed in a professional workman like manner.
- A signed written contract will be in place before a work is accepted.
- Works left for more than 60 days beyond the end of the contract will be abandoned, with prejudice. 4a. Abandoned work will either be sold for the sole benefit of MakeICT or broken up and thrown in the trash.
There is a long standing tradition of makers and making that draws from the
Arts and Crafts movement
Bauhaus School of Design
I have not used the terms Art, Artist, Craft, Craftsman, as MakeICT gallery will draw from the above traditions for guidance.
The MakeICT Gallery is the interface between MakeICT and the Wichita Community, the fundamental goal is to show what Makers at MakeICT can create.
Gallery or Showroom refer to,the same area.
Equipment Access Policy
THIS POLICY IS NOT YET APPROVED OR OFFICIAL and is under construction
- Pedestals, and other mounts to be used to display works will remain in the show room.
Items for Purchase
Works will be accepted for sale using the standard 80/20 split with 20% to MakeICT
example: Commission to the artist $100.00
20% to MakeICT $20.00
Sales Tax 7,5% $9.00
Selling price $129.00
Items can be marked NFS not for sale
- The gallery/showroom will sponsor classes and lectures related to art in Wichita
- Policies may change with the needs of the department and may go into affect before this page is updated to reflect it.
- Supporting hardware
- Website Home
- Forum Home
- Upcoming Classes
- What links here
- Related changes
- Upload file
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Cite this page