April 20 2015
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Still need an orientation process
- New fees going into place May 1
- Members will be able to enroll in (and change to):
- $10/mo membership level name will change to "?"
- @TODO (Dom, 5/4): Come up with $10 membership name
- Will add ability to support a maker
- Financial assistance
- Allow people to sign up directly or add link for people to contact a board member? Who?
- @TODO (Dom, no date): add a "Link to board to ask for reduced membership fee"
- @TODO (Dom, no date): create a "$40 membership fee where $15 is to support a reduced membership fee"
Communications Hive (John)
Social media stats
- Gina, Seth, Jim and I met on the website a little bit back. There's still lots to do. As a stop gap, I'm wondering about moving the main page of staging site to prod.
- @TODO (John, 5/4): Move front page and footer to new server
- @TODO (Dom, 5/4): Create new signup page on live site to be migrated
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)
- ArtDOG imminent!
- Metal shop +$6,000?
- @DECISION: $6000 donation not spent on Tormach will go to metal shop
- Facility improvements come from where?
- @DECISION: Wood shop and other area build out costs come from the build out budget. Tools come from each of the area's budgets.
- Studio rental rate
- TBD at a later data
- Novelene is in a temporary location, paying $100
- Sustainability plan
- Better communication of "need to know" items for approval?
- Approval creates new "approved" budget?
- Taxes with CPA
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- Mclean STEM night
- @TODO (Barb, 4/21): ask for McLean STEM Night volunteers
- Have a schedule, not a lot of help at this time.
- 10 time slots
- @TODO (Barb, May 18): Check into what a RiverFest volunteer gets
- (John): I've been talking with the Derby Coding club and they are working on a design of a quad copter and are looking for our help. The have a google drive with the details. Project needs to be complete by May 15.
- (John): working with EP on permission to use the name "Mini Maker Faire." EP goes to press May 4.
- (Dom): F5 celebration on the 26th?
Special Projects Brigade (Mike)
- Lock for Studio (Jens)
- @TODO (member, ASAP): Install locks on temp studio
- @TODO (Tom, James S., Gina, May 9): Post Basic Elec. Workshop
- @TODO (Jens, June 1): Trash service donation
- Met leader of OpenHouston over the weekend
- OpenHouston = Code for America in Houston
- Plan to start conversations and organizing for Wichita
- Startup Weekend winner was a smart electrical socket
- First hardware based winner, took it by a landslide
- ArtDOG after party at Harvester
- 22 April 2015 Earth Day - Electric Bus?
- 23 April 2015 STEM Day at McClean
- 23 April 2015 ArtDog
- 2 May 2015 Arduino at East High (Tom and Dom (Alex))
- 3 May Floor Plan meeting
- 9 May 2015 Basic Electronics
- June (tentative) Robot sumo?
- June (tentative) Wearables Tom, Barb
- July 18 - Mini maker faire