Board Meeting 2021-04-15
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 AGENDA
- 1.1 Attendance
- 1.2 Standing Items
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Committee Reports
- 1.5.1 Awards Committee - x
- 1.5.2 Scholarships - x
- 1.5.3 Communications (and Wikibrarian) - Malissa Long
- 1.5.4 Facilities Committee - x
- 1.5.5 Finance Committee - Dan Kries
- 1.5.6 Garden - Aaron Rivers
- 1.5.7 Fundraising - x
- 1.5.8 IT - Tom Bloom
- 1.5.9 Membership (and Community Outreach) - Paula Pankratz
- 1.5.10 Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery (interim)
- 1.5.11 Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery (interim)
- 1.5.12 Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman
- 1.5.13 Inventory - Anna DiSalvo
- 1.5.14 Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x
- 1.6 Other Items Discussed
- 1.7 Upcoming Events
- 1.8 Decision Summary
- 1.9 Task Summary
- JaiPal Chauhan, President
- Paula Pankratz, Vice-President
- Beverly Schellenger, Treasurer
- Patrick Hutchison, Secretary
- Scott Sullivan, At Large
- Terrence Laurendine, At Large
- Tom Bloom, At Large
- Doug Wilson, At Large
- David Springs, Immediate Past President
- Joe Pajor
- Mike Barushok
- James Lancaster
- LaDeana Dockery
- James Seymour
- John Nichols
- Rustin Atkeisson
- v7 remark
- Devin Halsey
- Thanks & Recognition
- Roy Lyon for putting a door on Screen Printing
- David’s daughter thanks MakeICT for allowing them to have their wedding at the space!
- Dean Day for tilling up our awesome new garden, and potatoes to plant.
- Jeff Ralls, owner of Evergreen Pallet Recycling, for donating 15 tons of compost to the garden!
- Wess H for donating 45 pounds (ish) of powder coat media.
- Michael Atherton for helping clean up/setup the West Hall sink
- And all of our volunteers for making MakeICT run.
- Letterpress - David S
- Layout: is size of the letterpress shop negotiable? Cathy B, Wes, Saga and Letterpress will negotiate the space.
- Working on layout for the space that is the safest and best use of the space. Working with Cathy on the garage room and arranging stuff to make best use. Keep working with Cathy and Facilities and come back to the board if there are any issues.
- Letterpress needs 2 @ 220V 30 Amp (1.5 hp) lines run with cut off switches. Dan Little at Shelly will be consulted about a price for installation.
- Treasurer’s Report
- See PPT on drive.
- $640 brought in from Events (classes).
- Most people are buying a year of locker usage at a time.
- Monthly expenses $9,912. Overage was related to a Bento charge.
- $3,717 for property taxes coming out in May (abatement on property taxes), check in with Liz Moore about application for property tax abatement.
- June Huie is looking into lowering our property taxes for next year.
- Loan payment April 5, $2,211.95. $2K to principal and $211.95 in Interest
- QuickBooks upgrade put off until 2020 accounting is done.
- Election Committee Formation
- Malissa asks that we start the process of forming an election committee so we can find candidates throughout May in preparation for the election at the June annual meeting.
- Best info about the process on the wiki here.
- LaDeana Dockery volunteers to be on the election committee,
- Patrick will get committee members together and post out on the forum to get one or two more members and to get people started thinking about running for office.
Awards Committee - x
Scholarships - x
Communications (and Wikibrarian) - Malissa Long
Facilities Committee - x
- Met two weeks ago. Hope to have a chair at the next meeting of the committee.
- Some fluorescent bulbs were disposed of at the hazardous waste disposal facility and good bulbs were organized.
- Working up plan to change out hallway lights for LED.
Finance Committee - Dan Kries
Garden - Aaron Rivers
- Scott Sullivan reported for the committee.
- Tilled up the area this past weekend with help from Dean Day.
- Got 20 tons of compost delivered. 15 tons was donated, awesome, consisting mostly of composted grass clippings.
- Got 3 rows of red potatoes planted (row is about the length of the basketball court).
- Had a little cookout at the workday.
- Worked hard to get rid of undesirable grass from the plot.
- Will try three different processes for suppressing the grass and other weeds in the soil on the back section: black plastic, clear plastic, and cardboard with woodchips to see which works best.
- Will be having committee meetings in-person outdoors once a week.
- Two weeks ago the county extension office folks were out. We got back results of soil tests they did and everything is within limits (things like arsenic, cadmium, etc.). Results will get posted to the wiki. The soil is very heavy in clay. Has been sitting fallow for so long we’ve got some work to do to get stuff to grow directly in the soil well. Will be working forward at building some raised beds so we can have better soil to start out in, but the season is starting so not sure how much will get in.
- Also discussed using some fence panels outside the West door along the side of the garden plot nearest the basketball court.
- Discussed using the remainder of the space north toward the building for low-maintenance, no mow, public space decorative low water stuff, aka flowers, to reduce mowing and make the space nicer.
Fundraising - x
IT - Tom Bloom
- Haven’t met.
- Christian has been doing some work on the access control system.
Membership (and Community Outreach) - Paula Pankratz
- Currently at 360 active members.
- 358 at the March meeting.
- Last Maker Monday was really good. 21 were in across two sessions and four have completed memberships so far. Had a good number of Area Leads this time which was great. There were a couple classes being taught as well which makes a good impression.
- Are still doing two orientations a month and had a really well attended session last weekend.
- Had a meeting! Worked on strategies for building membership to our goal of 400.
- Anna has been re-working our tri-fold brochure and Spirit will print them for us at no-charge.
- Want to get members to ‘adopt a stand’ to find some good places around town to distribute and monitor brochures around the city.
- Discussed cross-posting events to popular community calendars to get our events out (aka KMUW, etc.).
- Bolstering posts to social media about classes scheduled to get the word out.
- Malissa is looking into what would be involved in getting a banner printed to put on the sign out by the street.
- Malissa also volunteered to make a MakeICT flag.
- Working on identifying sympathetic local organizations and inviting them in for special tours to help spread interest in the space (hobby groups, etc.).
- Maybe putting together some 30 second quick videos about regular classes that could be posted out on social media to help gain interest.
Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery (interim)
- Mixed with below / Classroom
Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery (interim)
- We would like to get a new bulb for one of the projectors so we can have a more functional projector in room 2
- Started a new meeting for Committee Leads, separate from Area Leads, to bring Committee folks together and help them understand the requirements for committees and what they should be doing. Had a few show up which went well.
- Next meeting will be May 6th and will consist of a working session on working to set up the Wiki page for each committee. Anyone is welcome to join for that, not just Committee Leads.
Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman
- Rusty reports that there was an auto break-in in the parking lot in a vehicle that was sitting out in the parking lot for a week. Exterior cameras do not point in that direction.
Inventory - Anna DiSalvo
- Jai reports that the cabinet saw that was donated is back up for sale. There’s a sheet up on it for folks to put in bids. No bids yet. Starting bid is $1,600.
- James L reports that the committee met yesterday. Working soon to have a ‘great tool find’ to seek out lost and mis-homed tools and get them back to their homes, which will help with inventory of what we’ve got, label unlabeled stuff, and work through more of Room 4.
Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x
Other Items Discussed
- Paula reports that there was a meeting of committee leads and one of the things they discussed was having one person from each committee serve on the Fundraising Committee.
- Can we get the payment box located and up on the wall by the Welcome Center or the Office door for manual payments to have an obvious secure place? Jai reports that the Welcome Desk counter is being actively worked on and there will be a slot there for payments to go.
- ReMakeICT Tuesday work nights at Booth
- Every Tuesday from 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Maker Monday
- 2nd and 4th Mondays
- By reservation