Forge Committee August 11, 2021
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
From Original Forum Post (Link to Post)
MEMEBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
- Michael Atherton - Vice Chair
- Dean Day
- James Lancaster
- Tom Bloom
- Mike A. / Rustin A.: Work to completion of project slow/frozen due to outstanding time commitments.
- All parts to complete project present, just need time to cut/weld/fit/test.
- Question about belt material procurement raised. Unknown quantity and grit for grinder already on site, will try to get inventory of grit/type.
- Much discussion around how/why this has hampered the committee.
- James L. had copy of the 2016 West Bend policy in effect during operation of forges at Douglass building.
- Unsure of possible changes/restrictions in place with the current policy.
- James L. would try to obtain the up to date policy language and look for changes/issues.
- Dean D.: Ability to bring up a small scale/size foundry operation in relative short time
- MakeICT currently has very small scale foundry abilities in jewelry lab for lost wax/spin casting.
- Holding off further discussion until insurance matter is cleared up.