January 25 2016
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Reports
- 2 Community Updates
- 3 General topics and todos
- 4 Calendar
- 5 Decision Summary
- 6 Task Summary
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Deputy BD's
- New key signature policy proposal
- More/different signatures
- Expectations of signers
- Include name with signature
- Last signer asks "who owns the makerspace?"
- New education plan
- Don't charge members for certification
- Allow non-members to certify (for a $20 fee)
- Make distinction between free/low-cost workshops and high-quality/deep-content classes
- Workshops are free for members (except materials); instructors are volunteers
- Class fees are set by instructor. Class fee revenue split 75% (instructor) / 25% (MakeICT)
- Fiscal sponsorship for ICT Food Circle project
- 10% of contributions go to MakeICT
- MakeICT will
- Funnel contributions
- Provide financial administrative services
- Effective Feb 1 - Dec 1, 2017
- Contract can be broken at any time by either party
- CCTV policy (as proposed by Logan P (6:40pm)
- Guest: Mark Arganbright about creating a show with/at MakeICT (6:50pm)
- @DECISION: BDs will appoint a 2nd in command (Deputy BD) for their area.
- @DECISION: The proposal for the new key signature policy passes.
- New policy require 2 Board Member signatures, 2 BD signatures, and 2 keyed member signatures.
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): Seek legal council on nonmember access to wood shop/metal shop/etc.
- @TODO (Dominic, no date): Email security camera policy to board members for review.
- @DECISION: Mark Arganbright's proposal will be sent to membership for approval.
- @TODO (Kip, no date): Send poll out to members.
Communications Hive (Jens)
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)
- When we transition members to the new rate, can we keep people at the $10 rate, call it a "donation" and revoke their access?
- @DECISION: We will change all members on the grandfathered rate to a 'donor' status and revoke their key access on May 1.
- As discussed here, we will send an email on April 1 to let these members know that this will be happening.
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- Outreach Gaggle Meeting, January 23, 2016
- SEHS STEM Night, January 27, 2016
- SWE EXPO, February 20, 2016; need volunteers; will demo activities at Mon Feb 8 Maker Meeting
Special Projects Brigade (Kip)
- Security camera update
- NFC Project update
- Deadline of March 21.
- Network update
- Bus update
- Jewelry making in ERP?
- Status of consumable purchases?
- Motion to make the shelf by the back door hackables
- Any good ideas to finish developing work areas?
- David Springs offered to put his jewelry making tools in the ERP lab as a shared resource.
- Metal shop is okay with the shelf being used for hackables as an interim solution.
- "devICT Present" resumes this week
- Level Up continuing to grow
- Hearing more requests to do educational outreach
Open Wichita (Seth)
- Open Data Day - March 5 (opendataday.org)
- Riverfest Hackathon gearing up
- Open Data Policy drafting
- Dom speaking at Nonprofit Chamber of Service conference on Tuesday
General topics and todos
- Proposal: Certification Saturday (following 1st Maker Monday of the month)
- COULD ALL BD's SEND JENS DATES FOR SAFETY/CHECKOUT CLASSES IN FIRST QUARTER OF 2016?
- Need to schedule a "MakeICT tech resources" workshop for this quarter
- Need to schedule Fusion360 group learning sessions
- January 28 - devICT Presents: PostgrREST
- January 29 - Wichitalks (wichitalks.com)
- February 1 - Level Up