June 16 2022

From MakeICT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



Board Members

  • James Lancaster, Secretary
  • David Hanson, At-Large
  • Doug Wilson, At-Large
  • Aaron Rivers, At-Large
  • Rustin Atkeisson, Vice-President
  • Jai Chauhan, President
  • Anna DiSalvo, At-Large


  • Beverly Schellenger, Treasurer


  • David Springs
  • Mike Barushok
  • Ethan Doak
  • LaDeana Dockery
  • Brad Cozine
  • Steve Owens
  • Patrick Hutchison
  • Michael Atherton

Standing Items

  • Thanks & Recognition
    • All those who helped at Makerfest - Education Committee
    • Jon Mulnex - donation of Jewelry bench - Jewelry
    • Kim Nguyen for chair donations and & rough stones to start cabbing classes - Jewelry
    • Board for cabbing machine - Jewelry
    • Everyone that attended our kickoff meeting – Letterpress
    • Facilities for installing the second air conditioner in Ceramics
    • Jai for following through on fixing tax classification change
    • Abel for helping with parking during MakerFest (who is going back to college on Aug 6th)

Old Business

COVID Mask Policy Discussion / Update - All

Name alignment between various locations - Jai

  • Apparently enough for FB?
    • Question on contacts with FB.
    • Tom Bloom is listed as the FB admin
    • Patrick & James L. to follow up with Tom B. to close this issue out
    • Network for Good has been administering funds (not sure if all funds have been sent)
  • Name Alignment between secretary of state and IRS
    • Not a show stopping issue at this point

Annual Meeting

  • 2 days time
  • Set for Saturday, June 18th, 3PM - 5PM
    • Officers required to prepare a report
      • Jai, Rustin, and James to meet Friday at 6pm to compile the presentation.
  • Patrick proposes having dinner somewhere instead of a BBQ after the meeting
    • Dinner spot to be determined after the meeting

Election Committee

Committee now has 6 people on it:

  • Mike B. Chair
  • Anna D.
  • James L.
  • Christian K.
  • Steve O.
  • Tom B.
  • Anything sent to election@makeict.org should be visible to all 6 members
  • There have been several nominations outstanding, and people can be nominated up until the end of the board meeting. Some people have been waiting.
  • Votes will go out in the first 24 hours after the meeting.
  • OpaVote will be the service used

Classroom Policy update -- James and LaDeana

  • https://docs.google.com/document/d/17xP1j24qWu-s2elVq7MmVaUFu5deagQyEiI5rp5HVA8/edit#
    • Simplifies and reflects actual usage, ex: Room 3 couldn't be rented under this.
      • Gives a flat number, which is comparable to Parks rentals per hour. (Almost all are $25 a month.)
    • No changes
    • Saving for July Board meeting to review policy
    • Garden Committee is still working on their access policy (currently have a rental agreement, which is different)


  • Access Policies
    • Printmaking/Screenprinting - Done
    • Woodshop - Done
    • Metalshop - Done
    • Ceramics - Done, no changes
    • FabLab
      • Talked with lead, will revise as of this moment, not received
    • Electronics
      • None
    • Textiles
      • None
    • Jewelry - Done
    • Letterpress - working on it

Gallery Committee

    • Gallery was not formed as a committee,

Multimedia AV Committee request - James Lancaster


  • Proposed creation of a committee to add to and handle Multimedia/AV:
  • https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/Multimedia_Committee_Meeting_2022-05-10 (Of those 6 members signed on to create it, and there's been additional interest.)
  • Initial focus will be on audio/audio+video 'casting, Video editing, and photography. Short-ish term goals include setting up an area to have a green screen and recording setup for casting. Longer term goals include VR/AR, astrophotography, high speed photography and similar. (Controlling scope creep is an issue.)
  • One task will be looking at the equipment we need to either repurpose, ex: Kinect scanner/webcam (we have several) Video recording (either via things like screen capture for classes or cameras)
  • Would facilitate classes and seminars related to multimedia
  • Would also try to orchestrate taking videos and documenting events
  • Would assist and work in conjunction with the communications committee
  • James Lancaster requests to have the Multimedia committee formed with himself as chair
    • 2nd by Jai
      • 5 approved, 1 abstained - motion passes

New Business

Treasurer’s Report - Bev

  • to be presented during annual meeting
  • latest large purchase was the cabbing machine
  • solarization sheeting for the garden committee has been purchased
  • Letterpress hookup (might have been last month)
  • next finance meeting will be on Monday June 20th at 6:30pm
  • Was put in the wrong category for Property Taxes, Jai filed a protest and had a hearing, was supposed to have an email from them which didn’t come, so was denied. Talked to people and protest has been reinstated, Documentation has been sent in, Should go through. Three years of 990s filed, If approved, will get back the difference back the difference of assessed rate and what was paid. Would be about half. Everything that can be done has been done.

Area Reports


In addition there has been a committee and area lead which are vacant. One has someone who has

Possible tool purchase, will discuss with Finance on Monday.

    • Makerfest
      • All of the KITTENS WERE ADOPTED!!!!
      • was definitely worth having, just preferably in better weather next time
      • A lot of members volunteered to help out and make the event AMAZING!

Committee Reports

Awards Committee & Donor Wall - Jai

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

  • Did not meet. No next meeting set.
  • As per committee policy: No meeting for a while, will need to be reviewed 2 months/meetings from now.
    • Possibly belongs as a subcommittee of Fundraising?

@todo Brad will look into it.

Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery

Communications - Brad Cozine

  • Meetings:
    • Recurring: 4th Wednesday @ 8pm
    • Motions to appoint Brad as committee head (Which will be until the normal election in Sept)
      • Had stepped out, was asked, Brad is fine with it.
      • Vote by acclamation: No objections

Events Committee - X

  • See above (Classroom Management Committee)

Facilities Committee - Saga Romig

  • On Calendar Tuesday 6:30

Finance Committee - Dan Kries

  • 3rd Monday of the month at 6:30
  • Usually meet in Room 3 or the lounge (whichever is cooler)

Fundraising - Ethan Doak

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd Thursday @ 7pm)
  • Raffle
    • Made small amount of Money.
    • Paperwork required if over a certain amount.

Letterpress - David

  • Had first meeting on the 5th
    • Have a plan to make the space more useable
  • Will get most supplies locally
    • Trying to figure out time for meeting with a salesperson.
      • Request for Bento card will be at Finance

Lounge/Breakroom - David Mendoza

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

  • Suggested to see if people want to take over this.
  • As per committee policy: No meeting for a while, will need to be reviewed 2 months/meetings from now.

Garden - Sean Sandefur

  • Meetings 11am Sundays
  • having meetings on Sundays
  • volunteerism has been higher than ever and the garden looks way nicer for it

IT - Tom Bloom

  • Next meeting on calendar: June 25th @ 1pm
  • Laptop upgrades finished.
  • couple people trained up on how to setup classes on the google classes and add people to the wiki

Inventory - Anna DiSalvo/Wallis Mead

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd Wednesday @ 6pm)
  • Have had meetings listed, but membership has fallen. Only 2 people at last 2 meetings.
  • Consignment policy updates.

Membership (and Community Outreach) - Jai

Membership as of 2022-04-14: 467 (plus 2 donors) Membership as of 2022-04-21: 466 (plus 2 donors) Membership as of 2022-05-12: 462 (plus 2 donors) Membership as of 2022-06-16: 459 (plus 2 donors)

All Time





Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery

  • See Classroom above.
  • James Seymour, Brad Cozine, and Rustin Atkeisson did represent MakeICT at an end of school fair and helped kids put together LED buttons

Scholarships - x

  • Per July decisions will be handled by Finance.
  • As per committee policy: No meeting for a while, will need to be reviewed 2 months/meetings from now.
  • Aaron Rivers would like to extend an honorary membership to LaMDA - the first sentient AI
    • 2nd by Doug Wilson
    • Motion Passes, 6 approve,

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman/David Springs

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 4th Monday @ 6pm)
  • Fire alarm was set off - dust from pulling down ceiling tiles set off the alarm
  • Please call security immediately if you set one off or PREFERABLY call before to have the alarm put in test mode especially if you’re about to do anything that raises a lot of dust in the hallways
  • each false alarm is $100, and goes up with each one… 10 false alarms and up is $750/alarm
  • City of Wichita / Wichita Police Department / Support Services / Alarm Administration: Fee Schedule
  • looking at adding more cameras to the security system

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x

  • See events
  • Ceiling tiles are being peeled off by Jai Christianson
    • talk with him if you would like to help
  • Cash acceptance kiosk has set for a bit, but David Springs would be open to someone taking it over

Welcome Center - Angel

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

  • As per committee policy: No meeting for a while, will need to be reviewed 2 months/meetings from now.

Other Items Discussed

Past Events

Upcoming Events

  • Maker Monday
    • 2nd and 4th Mondays
  • Member Orientation
    • Tuesday 21st @ 6pm

  • Annual Meeting
    • Saturday June 19th

Decision Summary

    Task Summary