May 4 2015
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Governance Committee (Dom)
- New member orientation (Mike/Dom) (working document)
- How often do we do these?
- @DECISION: New member orientation held 1st Open Hack of each month: 7:10 - orientation, 7:30 - tour
- Who runs these?
- Process for the first month:
- 1. Pay dues
- 2. Attend orientation (and sign waiver)
- 3. Apply for key
- @TODO (John, June 1): List the new member process on the web site
- Deadline for comments for Machine Access/BD policy before approval
- @TODO (Board, May 18): Review and comment on Machine Access/BD policy before next board meeting
- @TODO (Board, May 18): Vote on Machine Access/BD policy next board meeting
- Volunteer coordinator?
- @TODO (Dom, May 18): Will send his volunteer contact information to April
- Install safety sultan (Clark Shultz)
- @TODO (Dom, May 18): Send safety sultan email to Mike Hutton to forward to Clark Shultz
Communications Hive (John)
Social media stats
- The Wiki is for anyone to enter information without approval
- WiKi pages for members is an exceptable use
- Update Board Member information, this can include BDs and other important people
- @TODO (John, June 15): What is the process to update the Board Member page?
- Douglas Design District branding uploaded to MakeICT Drive
- Some discussion of standing up the new website when the new logo is ready
- With the possible re-branding of MakeICT, talk of changing the name of "Open Hack" night
- @TODO (Everyone who is interested, May 18): Come up with a new name for "Open Hack" night
- @TODO (Mike, May 18): Forum item for "Come up with a new name for "Open Hack" night"
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)
- $1,830.91 total
- April has thank-you's to distribute
- Board needs to designate how the funds raised will be used
- @DECISION: Money raised from ArtDog will go to Studio Arts
- @DECISION: $1025 of the ArtDOG money go to the gallery wall
- Members voted on MakeICT fee increase to $25/month from $10/month
- Only 25% of members are required for a vote, over 50% voted on increase of membership fees
- Fee increase passed (91.89%): 37 members voted - 34 YES, 3 NO
- @TODO (Mike D, Jun 15): Document on creating surveys with Survey Monkey
- Lessons learned, places to edit survey, end of survey date, access to member list
- Fee increasing to $70/month in Sept
- We can lock in $50/month by paying 2 years at once
- Are we happy with it? Should we lock in the price?
- @TODO (Jens, June 15): Start Wiki page on dates for decisions like WA see Voting Results
- @TODO (Jens, June 1): Use MakeICT account to pay WA (currently using Tom's)
- @TODO (Jens, 8/2015): Bring up replacement for WA in August
- Trash Service
- Any concerns with dumpster placement, cost, etc?
- @DECISION: Smallest dumpster available
- Applying for grant through Waste Management
- Current Equipment Budget here
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- McLean STEM night
- Brushbots were wildly popular
- Maker Faire is moving forward. We expect a meeting with Make Mag to confirm OK use of the name toward the end of the week
- Derby Coding club is moving forward. Working with Finn on it. It would be nice to be able to use the Ultimaker II with them if it is working.
Special Projects Brigade (Mike)
- Let's bring the bus home! (Dom)
- Proposal for project approval (Dom)
- 1. Genesis of idea
- 2. Recruitment of members
- 3. Creation of proposal, which should at least include:
- Purpose of the project
- Members involved
- 4. Presentation of proposal to board of directors; if approved
- 5. Allocation of funds and work on project
- Floor Plan Developments PDF
- Emergency plans
- Exit pathways
- @TODO (Dom, May 5): Post Storm map
- @DECISION: Discuss the Storm map and point out the location during new member orientation
- Wearables Workshop with Lisa Rundstrom?
- 9 May 2015 - Basic Electronics
- 29 May - June 6 2015 - RiverFest
- 13 June - 2nd Saturday - Wearables - Tom, Barb, Mike (and Lisa R?)
- 27-28 June - KC Maker Faire
- 11 July - 2nd Saturday - ??????
- 18 July - Wichita Mini Maker Faire
- (tentative) - 2nd Saturday - Robot sumo
- Need to order parts
- Couple of months lead time