September 21 2015
- 1 Reports
- 2 Community Updates
- 3 General topics and todos
- 4 Calendar
- 5 Decision Summary
- 6 Task Summary
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Group-use policy (vote to approve)
A keyed-member in good standing may host a private meeting/event at the MakeICT makerspace as long as they are not charging a fee. If any rooms or resources are to be held or if the number of non-member guests exceeds the Guest Policy allowance, a reservation must be submitted and approved 14 days in advanced. The host member is responsible/liable for activities of their guests, and all guests must follow official guest policies. There is no fee for this resource to our members, but a donation is suggested to offset facility costs.
- Companion orgs => Collaborating orgs
- Current orgs: Harvest Arts, Fisch Haus, Bike Walk Wichita
- Classroom reservation calendar
- Wichita Professional Communicators: Friday, October 16, from 9:30-11am
- Board meeting schedule
- Outstanding Meeting Tasks
- Access policies
- @DECISION: New group-use policy passes.
- @DECISION: Effective immediately, board meeting will only be held on the second Maker Monday of each month.
- Other Maker Mondays will have a one hour working meeting prior to Maker Monday start-time.
Communications Hive (Jens)
- FB Review: "Joining today! Went to orientation and the facility, staff and tools were great! Excelsior!"
- Halloween Challenge
- Jess will have the logo ready for review within the next week or two.
- @TODO (Jens, no date): Ask for October Second Saturday Workshop ideas on the forum.
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)
- Treasurers report
- Other topics TBD
- The NetAbility grant has been submitted.
- @TODO (Dustin, no date): Post to the public forum asking for donations for the woodshop
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- Report: Newton Library DIY Sites Talk, Dom, September 10
- Report: Ulrich Senior Wednesday Talk, Jens and Jess, September 16
- Report: Make-o-rama (formerly Lorraine Avenue Mennonite event)
- Went well, Sean, Susan, Tom, Dom, Paul, Melanie, Charles & I did Robot Sumo, Straw Rockets, Pottery, and Brushbots. Not a huge crowd, but very interested.
- North End Urban Arts Fest - not going
- Barnes & Noble Mini Maker Faire Nov 6-8
- @TODO (Barb, no date): Will contact store manager for arrangements; think they want individual makers to sign up. will see if there is more MakeICT can do beside sign up
- Wichita Mini Maker Faire - EP wants to lock in date (July 30-31) - everyone ok with that?
Special Projects Brigade (Kip)
- No topics
- Fire inspection checklist
- Gas quotes
- $2,200.00 - CK Contractors
- $3,350.00 - Fahnestock
- $4,039.85 - Reed Plumbing
- @TODO (Barb, no date): Find MSDS sheet for STEAM, Kitchen, and Bathroom areas
- @TODO (Dom, no date): Schedule meeting with all relevant parties to discuss the gas requirements in the back
- First lightning talks in Sept and Oct - Looking for speakers!
- Update from ETF/Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- DDD painting idea
- WCF's Focus Forward event
General topics and todos
- Upgrade Outreach to official program status?
- @TODO (Dom, no date): Formalize the upgrade of our Outreach Activities to an official MakeICT program
- September 23: Woodshop Safety Class
- September 26: Woodshop Safety Class (AM and PM)
- September 28: Woodshop Safety Class
- September 29: DDD Member Mixer
- PENDING POLICY APPROVAL! September 29 or 30: Laser Cutter Basics class (filled)
- PENDING POLICY APPROVAL! October 3: Laser Cutter Basics Class (9am, 5 students, need to work on description)
- October 10: 2nd Saturday Workshop - ??? Something Haloween-y?
- November 6,7, or 8: Barnes & Noble MakerFaire