Tormach Access Policy
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Access Policy for Tormach PCNC-1100 Mill:
- Only current members who are authorized may operate the Tormach PCNC-1100 Mill.
- In order to be authorized to operate the Tormach Mill, a member must demonstrate through a skills test safe and proper operation of the mill to an approved authorizer, listed on the Wiki.
- Instruction will be available that demonstrates the safe and proper operation of the mill that is required.
- A member may be authorized for limited operation of the Tormach Mill for the sole purpose of practicing for the skills test.
- Some general machining knowledge or background will also be essential. A list of instructional material that covers this background information will be made available.
- Users are required to read and abide by the current MakeICT PCNC-1100 Operational Guidelines. These guidelines will evolve over time and users must abide by the latest version.
- If an authorized user fails to abide by the Operational Guidelines, or operates the mill in a manner deemed unsafe, authorization will be reviewed and possibly revoked until the member can demonstrate safe operation of the mill.
- Prior participation in the Intro to CNC: Shopbot class is highly recommended.
- Metal shop authorization is required to operate the Tormach Mill.
Approved by the board on May 15, 2017