March 18 2021

From MakeICT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

AGENDA

Attendance

Board Members

  • JaiPal Chauhan, President
  • Paula Pankratz, Vice-President
  • Beverly Schellenger, Treasurer
  • Patrick Hutchison, Secretary
  • Scott Sullivan, At Large
  • Terrence Laurendine, At Large
  • Tom Bloom, At Large
  • Doug Wilson, At Large
  • David Springs, Immediate Past President

Members

  • Aaron Rivers
  • Aaron W
  • Dan Kreis
  • James Lancaster
  • Jeremiah Burian
  • Joe Pajor
  • LaDeana Dockery
  • Mike Barushok
  • Steve Owens
  • Roy Lyon
  • Rustin Atkeisson
  • Sean Sandefur
  • Angel Mejia

Standing Items

  • Thanks & Recognition
    • Glenn Beagley - For working on getting the Letter Press area up and running.
    • Our volunteers for making MakeICT run!
    • Steve Owens for making sure that member orientations run smoothly.
    • Gary for making all of the new badges.
    • Ken for background checks.
    • June for all the work she’s done in the textiles studio.
    • Everyone who’s taken time out of their day to teach classes.
    • Bev for tenacity in catching us up on our books and treasurer duties.

Old Business

  • Indie GoGo T-Shirts
    • T-Shirt Purchase, authorization to spend - I (Jai) have not received any other bids for T-shirt production at this time.
    • Custom Ink
      • $659.59 - 68 T-Shirts / 3 color Print / 100% Cotton Shirt in Ash Grey
      • $610.00 - 68 T-Shirts / 3 color Print / 100% Cotton Shirt in White
    • Allen Lee Screen Printing
      • $529.98 - 68 T-Shirts / 3 color Print / 50-50 Blend Shirt in Ash Grey
      • $672.95 - 100 T-Shirts / 3 color Print / 50-50 Blend Shirt in Ash Grey
      • With Allen Lee Screen Printing 100 T-shirts in any size combination that does not include 2XL we get a price break of $1 per shirt. 2XL and larger is a $2 bump up for everyone.
    • Devin Halsey
      • $544.00 - 68 T-Shirts / 3 color Print / @ $8.00 per
    • The turn around on shirts from both companies is 2 weeks.
    • I have two other requests out in the ether with local print shops.
    • We do need to include sales tax on the shirts. Jai checked with Liz.
    • We do have to charge sales tax at the time of sale, even if we paid already when we bought the product per Mike B.
    • We do have a resale tax ID with the state per David S.
    • Do we want to order extra shirts for resale in the Welcome Center? We do have some in the Welcome Center currently, a dozen or so per Paula. We bought 150 shirts in 2015, sold almost half in first two months at $15 each, what is left now is left from that, and we might do well if we get a new design per Mike B.
    • Jai moves that we go with the lowest bid from Allen Lee. Bev S seconds. Tom, Paula, Bev, Terrence, Doug, Patrick, Scott. David Abstains. Motion passes.
    • @DECISION: Board approves Allen Lee Screen Printing to print Indie GoGo T-Shirts

New Business

  • New Lockers
    • There is controversy over whether or not I (Jai) had the authority to purchase the lockers located in the West Hall during the renovation of 5920. I would like the board to deal with this so that we can put it to rest.
    • Should the board wish to keep the lockers, we should enact a locker policy so that we may begin renting them.
    • In December 2020. Paula heard about a deal on lockers for $1,700. It was a short turnaround. There was money for vinyl baseboards for the hallways. Jai decided to go for the lockers.
    • At $5/mo full occupancy would be a 3 month payback.
    • Jai proposes he would reimburse MakeICT for the lockers.
    • David moves that we approve the decision retroactively. Terrence seconds. Terrence, Tom, Doug, Bev, Patrick. David, Paula, and Scott abstain. Motion passes.
    • @DECISION: Board votes to retroactively approve purchase of red lockers for west hallway
    • Link to Current Storage Policy
    • Proposed Locker Policy
    • Jai, and anyone else interested, will work to revise the current storage policy and integrate items from the proposed locker policy and bring it back to the board for approval.
  • New Committee Request - Garden
    • Aaron Rivers reports that members have been meeting and in accordance with the special committee policy have worked through the necessary steps to request to have a Garden committee recognized by the board.
    • Garden Committee has elected Aaron Rivers as Committee Chair, Mike Barushok as Vice-Chair, Sean Sandefur as Treasurer.
    • Garden Committee has met and has 5 members present
    • Garden Committee: Scope of Influence: Initial garden work is in the area South of the existing pad located West of the South Hall to the Southern end of the building.
    • Garden Committee requests an allotment of a small area for the storage of tools in the existing boiler room and the use of MakeICT’s existing City Water supply.
    • Mike B doesn’t suspect that the cost of water usage will be significant. The committee does hope to put a meter on so that usage can be tracked and attributed to the garden.
    • There is no budget request at this time beyond any water used.
    • Jai moves to recognize the Garden Committee and appoint Aaron Rivers as chair. David Seconds. David and Scott abstain. Everybody else in favor. Motion passes.
    • @DECISION: Board Recognizes Member Created Specialized Committee: Garden Committee
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • See PPT from Bev
    • Please be sure that folks fill out the payment envelopes clearly so the treasurer knows how to process the payment.
    • There was a good deal of discussion about timing and process around some folks who are being charged for authorization classes in the interim while waiting for their membership to be processed.
  • Building Renovation Update
    • Everything is in place for Metalshop ventilation.
    • Lockers are in place. Have a couple side-walls to add. Otherwise ready to go and start rentals as early as next week.
    • When will the AdHoc Building Committee be dissolved and the Facilities Committee take over? Hopefully that can take place by the next board meeting. Facilities Committee needs to meet and get up and running by then.

Committee Reports

Awards Committee - x

  • None

Scholarships - x

  • None

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - Malissa Long

  • None

Facilities Committee

  • None

Finance Committee - Dan Kries

  • Next meeting Monday 22nd.

Fundraising - x

  • None

IT - Tom Bloom

  • Jai asks IT to please remove Barony of Vatavia from Partners page on Website.

Membership (and Community Outreach) - Paula Pankratz

  • Membership
  • Orientations going smoothly. Have had a number of current members still coming back. Have about 90 members still outstanding who have not re-oriented.
  • Maker Mondays have been fairly successful.

Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery (interim)

Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery (interim)

  • Classes are going well and are up.
  • Next few weeks the How to Teach a Class class will get on the schedule. Did a dry run with Paula and Cathy. If you are an instructor and there are common problems that you have please let LaDeana know so she can include that in the class content.
  • There are some folks who want to teach classes without being paid and need to understand what the process would be or what would need to be changed to accommodate that. Finance committee will review and see what our options are and how we can do this without causing any tax issues, instructor ability to dedicate instructor reimbursement to specific areas, etc..

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

  • There was one alarm call this month, just a member set it off, David S. resolved.

Inventory - Anna DiSalvo

  • Will start monthly meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
  • Will start working on Room 4.
  • Alberto Sosa, member, has a spot welder he wants to donate to the metal shop. Rustin has agreed to accept. Alberto requests a one year membership to MakeICT for himself. It’s valued in the range of $2,000. Not light-duty. Jai, Rustin, Anna and Alberto will meet to finalize arrangements for taking possession of the welder.
    • Jai moves that we purchase the spot welder in return for one year membership and pending inspection of the welder. David seconds. David abstains. Nobody votes against. Motion passes.
    • @DECISION: Board approves purchasing spot welder in exchange for one year membership to Alberto Sosa.
  • Some discussion of the cabbing machine and the donation raised for that before it was purchased and donated by Luke S. Bev will get with Marty to research those donations made so we can decide what to do with them.

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x

  • None

Other Items Discussed

  • Letter Press Area Update - David S.
    • Next step is to get 220 to the press. Need to check and evaluate the circuit that is already in the area for the garage A/C unit.
    • Glenn has been working a lot on cleaning up the press. Also will be working with Jai on the final wall that needs to be put up.
    • Want to get an access control badge reader from IT to control power to the press. Tom says we’d need to get a relay that matches the motor to control it. David will work with Tom.
  • Tax ID for Fair Booths
    • Some members have asked about using the MakeICT tax ID to rent booth space at events at Derby Days and the Bartlett Arboretum. The artists exhibiting in the booths would be responsible for collecting payments and processing taxes themselves. Should we allow this?
    • Alternatively, if members / artists wanted to do the event to raise funds in part for MakeICT under the existing Consignment Policy would we authorize that, wherein we would collect some portion of the proceeds and process the sales tax.
    • It’s easy to go online and get a sales tax id set up, so we suggest folks do that.

Upcoming Events

  • ReMakeICT Tuesday work nights at Booth
    • Every Tuesday from 6:00PM - 9:00PM
    • Will be working on lockers, Metalshop ventilation, maybe a door for Screen Printing. Cleanup in the hallway where the pipes froze. Maybe start work on wall for Letter Press area.
  • Maker Monday
    • 2nd and 4th Mondays
    • By reservation


Decision Summary

    Task Summary