Member Storage Policy
All storage areas within the makerspace will be clearly marked and documented on the Wiki and will specify requirements for storing items in that area.
MakeICT is not responsible for any items that are lost or damaged while stored at the makerspace. Types of storage
- Personal Storage
- Dedicated storage for personal items, tools, projects, or materials etc.
- Typically requires payment of monthly fee
- May be lockable
- Shared Storage
- Temporary storage of projects and materials
- The amount of time allowed for storage will be specified in the policy for that storage area
- Any items stored within a shared storage space must be labeled with the owner’s name and the date that it was left.
- Typically not lockable
- Area-Specific Storage
- Area Leads may designate spaces for personal or shared storage of projects and materials within their areas as part of their access policies.
- Storage areas must be clearly marked, and any guidelines for their use must be made clear and documented on the Wiki at the storage area.
- Money generated by paid storage in an area will be used to support the budget of made available for use by that area.
- Storage of any items outside of the previously described scopes must be approved by the Makerspace Director for general storage, or the Area Lead for area-specific storage.
- These items must be tagged with the owner’s name and agreed upon start and end dates.
Improperly Stored Items
- Any items that are stored in a way that does not conform to this policy will be considered a donation and disposed of as the corporation sees fit.
- Any small personal items left in the makerspace will be moved to a designated lost and found area for a period of two weeks, after which time they become property of MakeICT.
- Items that hinder the operation of the space or violate a MakeICT policy may be immediately removed at the discretion of the director or area leadwill be dealt with quickly.
- Notification of the owner will be attempted if a contact method is available, but is not guaranteed. Notification via a post on the official MakeICT forum may also be used and serve as sufficient notification prior to disposition of items.
- Items that hinder the operation of the space, pose a safety risk, or violate a MakeICT policy may be immediately removed at the discretion of the director or area lead.
Approved by the board on November 15, 2018