May 18th 2023
From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 AGENDA
- 1.1 Attendance
- 1.2 Standing Items
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Committee Reports
- 1.6 Upcoming Events
- 1.7 Decision Summary
- 1.8 Task Summary
- Rustin Atkeisson, President
- James Lancaster, At-Large
- LaDeana Dockery, At-Large
- Gary Titus, Treasurer
- Doug Wilson, Secretary
- Sherry Ibrahim, Vice President
- Aaron Rivers, At-Large
- Joe Birzer, At-Large
- Thanks & Recognition
- Joe B., Wes T., Greg C., Chris W. for their help with the exhaust system
- Joe B., Wes T., Jesse S., Jessie ?, and Aaron R. for their help with moving the donated metalshop equipment!
- Spirit Aerosystems for loaning the garden committee some of their Team Spirit volunteers to help pull weeds from the garden!
- Lesley Kirkland for volunteering an entire workday in the Garden
- April and Jesse Schlenker for Garden maintenance
- Jay Christensen for replacing the broken hose splitter in the Garden
- Sounds like everything has been moved!
MakerFair - Exploration Place
- Rustin and John Harrison have been asked to lead up the ‘tinker corner’ of maker fair this year
- Exploration Place would like to have at least 20 different demonstrations/groups out representing tinkerers from wichita
- Updates and progress of nominations
- Current nominations can be found on the wiki once the election committee confirms with the nominees: https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/2023_Board_Nominations_and_Election_Results
- For clarification of election rules: Voting Policy
- We now have a fairly close ‘apples to apples’ comparison of the roofing quotes.
Motion: to select builder, roof work to be done, and authorize signing of contract
- Will most likely need to raise another $40,000 to cover the delta in roof cost between what insurance paid and the highest bid.
- Should be starting a ‘Raise The Roof’ campaign in the next month since it may be some time in September before 2 of the builders might be able to start on the roof, and August for the 3rd builder.
- Fundraising is working diligently to cover the delta from potential sponsors, but still welcomes members to donate money to our ‘Raise The Roof’ campaign (need to coordinate with the Treasurer to see how he would like that fundraising campaign titled on donation slips)
- The rental of equipment is considered taxable in KS (i.e. the screens in screenprinting may need to be covered in taxes)
- May need to update tax policy from last month
Treasurer’s Report - Gary
- We spent less than anticipated
- Spent over $13,500
- Made over $18,700
- This does not reflect the payment made to MakeICT by insurance for the roof
- Board to review minutes notes from April
- Motion by Gary Titus, Seconded by Rustin Atkeisson
Vote by acclamation. Motion carries.
New Policies Recommended by Membership
- Guest Access Policy
- A lot of issues and questions have come up in the past couple of months as to what kind of access guests should have to the makerspace
- Two potential members have asked about what the requirements of our scholarship are
- If the two potential members decide to apply for the scholarship, then the board will have to enter executive session to discuss privately whether or not to grant these members scholarships
- Currently have enough funding coming in earmarked for scholarships to handle 5 members total
- If a member would like to sponsor/add to the scholarship fund, they can adjust and ear mark the funds in their wild apricot account
- Executive Session may be necessary if potential members decide to apply. None applied. No Executive Session Conducted.
- Maker Monday
- 2nd and 4th Mondays
- Member Orientation
- Saturday June 10th @2:30pm
- Tuesday June 20th @ 6pm
- Quarterly meeting
- Sunday June 18th @ 5pm
- Last Scheduled Monthly Board meeting of this term
- Thursday June 15th @ 7pm