Board Meeting 2021-11-18

From MakeICT Wiki
(Redirected from November 18 2021)
Jump to navigationJump to search




Board Members

  • James Lancaster, Secretary
  • Anna DiSalvo, At-Large
  • Doug Wilson, At-Large
  • Jai Chauhan, President
  • Rustin Atkeisson, Vice-President
  • David Hanson, At-Large
  • Aaron Rivers, At-Large
  • Beverly Schellenger, Treasurer



  • LaDeana Dockery
  • Jeremiah Burian
  • Ethan Doak
  • Dean Day
  • Patrick Hutchinson
  • David Springs
  • Sarah Denton
  • Tom Bloom
  • Steve Owens

Standing Items

  • Thanks & Recognition
  • David Springs and LaDeana Dockery for not waiting until the last minute to send reports to the board.
  • Bev as well as Marti getting Taxes done.
  • Donor to metalshop (anonymous)
  • Ethan for setting up audio & inventorying audio equipment in room 4.
  • Kansas BEST, 2 people volunteering. Larry Walton, Tom Cornwall, and Rusty

Old Business

Inventory policies - Jai

Vote: 7 in favor, 0 opposed, one abstaining because of no tie. @ decision Approved

COVID Mask Policy Discussion / Update - All

  • Last meetings: “From now until the next board meeting the board, in accordance with CDC guidelines, MakeICT is requesting mask wearing while in the makerspace, and a mask requirement for indoor group activities and classes. Signs will be posted as reminders.”
  • James motions to continue as is. Aaron seconds
  • Much discussion

Per: “In Sedgwick County, Kansas, community transmission is high Transmission. Everyone should wear a mask in public indoor settings. Mask requirements might vary from place to place. Make sure you follow local laws, rules, regulations or guidance.” Voting: yes 4 (tie breaking) no 3 abstain 1 @decision Keep policy as is.

Name alignment between various locations - Jai

  • Bev: Emprise, Southwestern done. (Had it correct, displayed wrong)
  • Has not been done with the KS SOS office yet.

Request for using the space - Brian

@TODO (Jai, no date): Reach back out to see about status, as can't talk to Insurance without a proposal.

New Business

Treasurer’s Report - Bev

(Link being problematic add after meeting)

  • Motion Jai, Second by Doug

Appropriate from cash reserves: $683 to supplement donations for 2 PRUSA 3D printers $500 to replace parts in 10 of the existing laptops to increase usability $1183 total Votes: 7 yes 0 no 1 abstain (no tie)

  • Request for donations for some Kansas Best teams

@TODO (Rustin, no date): Reach out and see about donations, not a request for direct MakeICT (organization) money.

Area Leads

  • Area leads need to be selected/appointed at the next meeting and budgets prepared

@TODO (James, no date): Request people applying for area leads.

Ending Zoom Meetings - James

  • Only used for board meetings. Costs $16 a month.
  • We have Google Meet for free, and links are automatically on the calendar.
  • Jai Motions to discontinue using zoom and use Google Meet. Doug seconds
  • Vote: yea 7 no 0 1 abstain (no tie)

Revise Committee Policy - James

  • Currently our policy is both out with regards to practice and enforcement.
  • Multiple groups have suggested that either an email list or a forum would work better than meetings.

  • Tabled for the month.

Communication issues - James

  • We have huge communication issues.
  • In the past we have had a single list which has worked well to make sure everyone can be informed.
  • Propose to go back to a single administration list, so that everyone who wishes to can be informed on all committee discussions.
  • In discussions people have liked it, as there's a huge communication problem.
    • One drawback pointed out is some people are already behind on emails.

@TODO (Board, no date): Review Current Dsitribution Lists/emails

Area Reports

Committee Reports

Awards Committee & Donor Wall - Jai

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

Classroom Management Committee - LaDeana Dockery

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd and 4th Thursday @ 8pm)
  • Next meeting 12/2 8pm
  • Halloween Party
  • Game Night and Music nights

Last meeting canceled (one every 2 weeks)

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - Malissa Long

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: 4th Wednesday @ 6:30 pm)

Events Committee - X

  • See above (Classroom Management Committee)

Facilities Committee - Saga Romig

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

Finance Committee - Dan Kries

  • 3rd Monday of the month at 6:30 (Is this correct? - schedule dependent, may change)
  • Met this morning at 8:30am
  • Discussed taxes
  • Discussed Giving Tuesday (last Tuesday of November) and Cyber Monday (to be covered in Newsletter)

Forge Committee - James Seymour/Mike Atherton

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd Wednesday @ 7pm)

Fundraising - Ethan Doak

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 1st Friday @ 7pm)
  • Worked on Room 4 this month for the most.

Lounge/Breakroom - David Mendoza

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

Letterpress - David Springs

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

  • Meeting Dec 12th at 7 pm (Not on calendar)
  • Still mostly waiting on hardware.

Garden - Sean Sandefur

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd & 4th Monday @ 6pm)
  • Dorment for the winter

IT - Tom Bloom

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

  • Meeting was held.
  • Some requests, but they haven't been given to me (James, was sent at 7:45)
  • Internet has been slow, trying to track that down.
  • Make sure changes are sent to IT.

Inventory - Anna DiSalvo/Wallis Mead

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 2nd Wednesday @ 6pm)
  • -Some progress on room 4 on Tuesday. Inventory of the rest of the items has begun and some trash cleared out. A list of items looking for a home will be posted to area leads to see if there is a use for them in the space before being offered to the membership.

-May need another scrap metal haul in order to get rid of large staging panels -Currently working on creating a schedule and process to perform room by room inventory side by side with area leads

Membership (and Community Outreach) - Jai

Membership as of 2021-11-18: 416 (plus 2 donors)

Did not meet. Request: Key form require 2 area/committee lead, 2 board member, and 2 members) Saturday before the 1st Maker Monday of the month and the Tuesday before the last Maker Monday of the month Email: membership or president

Outreach (and Education) - LaDeana Dockery

  • See Classroom above.

Scholarships - x

  • Per July decision will be handled by Finance.

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman/David Springs

  • Next meeting on calendar (Standard schedule: every 4th Monday @ 6pm)
  • Had break in. Someone left 5 windows unlocked.
  • Possibly device to help secure it.

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - x

  • See Events

Welcome Center - Angel

Next meeting not on calendar: When?

Other Items Discussed

  • Jewelry, Lead stepping down
  • Authorization
    • Require people to resubmit the access policies?
    • Designate what that class is for any authorizations.

Past Events

  • Halloween Party
    • October 29th, 18:30 – 21:00 at MakeICT
  • Committee Open House
    • November 6th 2021, 10am-12pm at MakeICT

Upcoming Events

  • Maker Monday
    • 2nd and 4th Mondays
  • Member Orientation
  • Member meeting
  • Sunday December 19th at 5pm
    • Starts at midnight this evening/night/tomorrow morning
    • Only a partial one.
  • ECO Fest
    • Has been postponed to May 1st, 2022

Decision Summary

    Task Summary