Primary Purpose of the Committee
To provide leadership and oversight for the construction, revitalization, and maintenance of our facility.
Committee Name: Facilities Committee
Committee Type: Standing
Recognized by BOD: 7/25/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit members to the committee to complete the work that needs to be done.
- Develop a scheduling system to keep track of building maintenance items and review it periodically to ensure required tasks are being completed.
- Ensure that volunteer hours completed are logged.
- Report to the Makerspace Admin / BOD as necessary to have any maintenance / repair work completed that is outside the ability of the membership to complete safely and/or within necessary code requirements.
- Tasks the committee will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with Area Leads and Other Committees to execute infrastructure work and provide supplies to maintain their spaces in good working order
- Common Area Trash Collection
- Bathroom Cleaning / Stocking
- Lawncare Coordination and Lawncare equipment maintenance
- Common Area Cleaning and Sanitizing, including mopping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.
- Hallways and egress doors kept clear from obstructions
- Exterior Building Maintenance / Cleaning
- Gutter Cleaning
- Window Washing
- Snow and ice removal on sidewalks and entryways
- Care, cleaning, and organization of Room 6 / Garage, Boiler Room, Two Mop Closets, Janitors Closet
- Stocking shared cleaning supplies
- First aid / safety equipment stocking
- Fire extinguisher annual maintenance
- Collect and maintain a notebook of SDS sheets from the area leads
- HVAC filter maintenance and annual equipment checks
- Maintain an inventory of shared tools and equipment and keep them organized
Physical Space Assignment
Room 6 / Garage, Boiler Room, Two Mop Closets, Janitors Closet
When we meet
Next meeting date:
July 6, 2021
Past meeting dates:
How to Join
All members are welcome. Attend our next meeting, and we will add you to the roster.