From MakeICT WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Members with keys may bring guests into the MakeICT Makerspace.
- Guests must sign-in and wear a guest ID.
- Any person who is not a member with a key must be the guest of a member with a key to occupy the MakeICT Makerspace outside of officially posted event times.
- This includes members who have not yet received their key, have lost their key, or, for any reason, do not have a key upon arrival at the makerspace.
- Members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
- Guests must be directly supervised at all times while in the MakeICT Makerspace.
- This includes children. The lounge is not a daycare.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to become members and obtain a key.
- Members with keys may bring guests to the MakeICT Makerspace, as long as they are not charging a fee.
- Four guests or more may require a reservation in accordance with published rules / access policies for each area.
- Makers may charge guests a fee to be in the Makerspace if they are actively tutoring them in a scholastic subject, or in accordance with current MakeICT class policies.
- The host member is responsible/liable for the actions and consequences of their guests, and all guests must follow all current MakeICT policies and rules.
- There is no fee for this resource to our members, but a donation is suggested to offset facility costs.
- Guests must complete appropriate training by an authorized instructor before use of restricted equipment.
Approved by the board 30 May 2017, amended at the 2018 Annual Meeting, amended by the board 27 July 2020 and 17 November 2022.